Thursday 30 August 2007

Arriving in London

Hello all! I’ve arrived safely in London along with the rest of the Notre Dame London Fall 2007 crew. There are about 130 students here total, mostly juniors in college.

I didn’t sleep much on the overnight flight, which arrived at approximately 6:30am London time (~2:30 am Central US Time). We then sat through a long customs line, in which I made a rather stupid move and attempted to take flash photography while in line for Customs, in a room with “NO PHOTOGRAPHY” signs prominently displayed. For this I was swiftly accosted and watched as I deleted all pictures taken in the room.

After clearing Customs, various members of the London Program staff were in the airport to greet and direct us. It was about 8:30am by the time we got onto our bus to head from Heathrow to our flats. After a preliminary meet-the-roomie session, we then walked the two miles to our classroom building for the start of orientation and class registration.

I haven’t gotten to sleep yet on the recommendation of our Rectress, who stated it was best if we wait until it is dark out to sleep as it will ease our jet-lag transitions. Tomorrow we get up early for more orientation.

We’re finally in London, getting settled and transitioning. I’m starting this blog to keep track of my travels and adventures while in Europe. I plan to post pictures, descriptions, maps, and videos of our experiences in London and our travels across Europe. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Ana Braga-Henebry said...

Let me be the first one to post a comment! I am so delighted you started a blog. I will post a link about it in my blog and will be looking forward so much to your various posts. God Bless you!

gmh said...

Isn't entry into the UK so welcoming? Enjoy!

Coyote said...

hey hope you get some sleep soon! I didn't have a Quarto partner after you left...although your brother did beat me in the only game we played! Have a great trip!

~LZ