Friday 21 December 2007

Home! In South Dakota!

After traversing Europe, I am back in the wide open spaces of South Dakota!  After a hectic finals week combined with moving out of our flats in London, the trip across the Atlantic was long. 

Many of us did not sleep the night before we left, having to finish packing, clean our flats, eat leftover food, and be ready to leave by 5:45am.  After spending about 5 hours in Heathrow, our flight left at noon-ish and followed the sun on a 9-hour flight, thus arriving in Chicago at 3pm local time, exhausted.

I picked up a connection to Sioux Falls without much hassle.  My baggage, however, decided to hook up with a hot pink tote from Atlanta and spent the night in O'Hare, only to stumble through the door this morning, shamefacedly averting my gaze.  I am happy to report, however, that after a preliminary physical, it didn't appear to have contracted any diseases or suffered any physical damage from its wild night away from home.

All is well in South Dakota and I'm having a good time relaxing and spending time with the siblings.  I will be catching up on posting pictures and blogging about some of my trips during the second half of the semester.  Here's hoping a happy holidays to all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its been interesting reading about your adventures in London!!! I'm glad that you are back in SD and able to spend time with your family for the Christmas Holiday!!!

Annamarie :)