Monday 17 September 2007

The Comedy Store

Last Monday I went to a comedy club for a charity show. It was a nice thing to do since I didn't have class the next day. The club itself was very near our classroom building, and the comedians were all top-notch. My personal favorites were Stephen Grant and Ian Stone, and most of my classmates who went along agreed.
The Comedy Store itself is an established comedy club and has been around for thirty years. Its walls were lined with newspaper clippings of the club and autographed pictures from comedians, the only one of which I recognized at a glance being Robin Williams.
It was an enjoyable show and it was interesting to see the differences in styles between the different performers, although sometimes it was hard to penetrate their varying accents and their cultural references.

No comments: